Written by: Danielle Wilson
“I always shop small, it’s who I am” ~ Lincoln the Chihuahua
The Lake Cumberland area of Jamestown and Russell Springs is alive with unique local shopping! With Christmas right around the corner, I took off to explore Russell County and found some great, one of a kind shops — everything from totally awesome Antique Malls to Kentucky Crafted gifts at the Lake Cumberland State Resort Park! Check out the full list of local shops in Jamestown and Russell Springs at LakeCumberlandVacation.com/shopping/.
8 Great Reasons to Shop Small
1. Shopping Small is Cool and Trendy… and trends start with YOU!
2. Shopping Small is FUN! I hate crowds, and small, local shops are relaxed, stress free & no one crowds you!
3. Local Store Owners are super friendly! What is better than spending money with the neighbors that love you and love meeting new people. Kentucky is super friendly!
4. You’re helping the local economy! When you shop small, the bulk of the money you spend & most of your taxes stay local. According to the research firm Civic Economics, for every $100 you spend in a local small business, $68 stays in your community! Wow!
5. You’re helping create jobs! Did you know that 2/3 of all new jobs are created by small businesses?
6. Small, Local Businesses sell experiences — Sometimes the best gifts are experiences like a Golf Membership, Spa Day, Boat or Cabin Rental!
7. Shop Small and be a Part of Something Large — The American Dream!
8. You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy local… and that’s kind of the same thing, right?
Lake Cumberland Shopping, whether you are in Jamestown or Russell Springs, at the Lake Cumberland State Resort Park or at one of the Lake Cumberland Marina Ship Stores is awesome, and full of good old fashioned southern hospitality. Check out all the wonderful Lake Cumberland shops in Jamestown and Russell Springs. Remember, when you “shop small” , you are not helping a CEO buy another vacation home, you are helping a little girl get dance lessons, a little boy get his team jersey… a dad afford his mortgage or a small Chihuahua go to obedience school.
“Shop Small Everyone… It’s Kind of a Big Deal” ~ Lincoln the Chihuahua, a Kentucky Adventurer